[rescue] More Mac rescue questions

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Wed May 5 10:14:27 CDT 2004

Hi, I rescued a Mac 1400 powerbook. Not much of a rescue, but a nice
little PowerPc laptop. If only it had more memory. :-) (mine has 16m).

Here's my problem. It has no networking. The serial port is broken, and it
came with an ethernet card with no drivers. The owner did not have them.
The card is a Farallon Lan/Modem combo card (28.8/10BaseT).

Farallon was bought out by Proxim, who have drivers for every other card
they made but not this one. Ftp.farallon.com no longer exists. All pointers
to the driver are links to the ftp.farrallon.com. :-(

I filled out a support ticket on proxim's website, but I have had no luck.

The exact file I need is called "Install-Lan/Modem202.sit". If anyone has it,
please send it to me (as macbinary or binhex).

Help keep this worthy laptop from being retired to the shelf.

BTW, if you have any of the original Orinoco (made by Lucent) WiFi cards
and would not mind selling them, let me know. This would also do the trick.

Thanks, Geoff.

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com