[rescue] Distributed Folding Updated

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Tue May 4 14:11:56 CDT 2004

On Tue, May 04, 2004 at 02:36:32PM -0400, Sheldon T. Hall wrote:
> For a while, Distributed Folding was giving errors and crapping out.  This
> has been fixed, says
> http://www.blueprint.org/proteinfolding/distributedfolding/distfold_news.htm
> l ...
>
> If you want to download the new version, or find out about it,
> http://www.blueprint.org/proteinfolding/distributedfolding/distfold.html.

Annoying of them to provide only binaries, and mroe so to label their
Linux/x86 binaries only as Redhat 6 or RedHat 7.1.  If you're not
running Red Hat, that doesn't tell you a damn thing about which one you
need, or even whether either of them will work on your distribution and
release, never mind whether the processor optimization is correct ....
and that's without even getting into all the platforms they don't have a
compiled client for.

> The "geeks" (not "Geeks") team could use a few more active members, if you
> care to help out.

I'll see if I can get source out of them and compile sanely-optimized
clients for our machines.

 :  alaric at caerllewys.net|phil-stracchino at earthlink.net|phil at novylen.net  :