Alpha CPUs, was Re: [rescue] i860 Success

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez lefa at ucsc.edu
Tue May 4 11:58:26 CDT 2004

On Tue, 4 May 2004, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:

> > Then again, Thompson & Ritchie's original Unix machine at Bell Labs
> > only had 64k ....
>
> So did the machine that created the graphics for Tron.
>
> It's amazing what you can do with little memory.

I used to remember there was a page on the net on the foonly, ok here I
found it.

Actually it had 256Kx36bit of memory, and then they expanded it to
512Kx36bit. Still rather impressive to use 2.3MB of RAM... I have an USB
keychain that stores orders of magnitude more than that :).

http://vhost2.zfx.com/~dave/f1.html