[rescue] Compaq Proliant 8000

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Mon May 3 11:50:50 CDT 2004

On Sat, May 01, 2004 at 09:17:19PM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Sat, May 01, 2004 at 12:00:29PM -0400, Joshua Boyd wrote:
> > How is the V-Amp?  I've had my eye on a V-Amp Pro for awhile.  No place
> > around here carries it, and I'm hesitant to buy before trying.
> > On the other, the Line6 PODs are great, but quite pricey.
>
> The guy at Guitar Center said "if you're playing live, go for the Pod.  If
> you're messing around at home, or just doing recording, the V-Amp2 is just
> fine."

Do you know why he said that?  Does he think the V-AMP floor board (I
believe it is one board for all rack, table top, and amp modules) is
inferior?  I guess this means he thinks that the V-Amp2 is pretty much
equal in audio quality.

The V-Amp2 is certainly much cheaper on ebay than the V-Amp pro. On the
other hand, I really like the idea of having the AES out.  I can't
really afford either at the moment, and when I can, I'll consider if I
really want to spend the extra $100 for AES.

> There are tools to convert Pod settings/data to work with the Vamp too.

That is nice to know.

Just out of curiosity, have you ever tried using a clean boost pedel
with the V-Amp?  Does it react the way one might hope it would (meaning
the way it reacts if you use a clean boost on a tube amp).