[rescue] OS for PA-RISC

Todd Carson tc+rescue at jc.dsl.telerama.com
Sat May 1 16:32:29 CDT 2004

On Saturday 01 May 2004 16:56, Torquil MacCorkle, III wrote:
> What is HP-UX's status  (10.20)?  I've never used it or anything, but saw
> no downloads in a quick google search, so non-free (older versions) I am
> guessing?

A 715 will run HP-UX 11.x as well, since it has the LASI chipset, according to
openpa.net. I use HP-UX 11.00 on my 712s; it's quite slow compared to 10.20
(the 712/60 is the absolute oldest, slowest system that will still run 11.x),
but it's worth it in my opinion to have recent security patches from HP, and
stuff like HP's official OpenSSH binaries and newer freeware builds from the
HP-UX porting center at connect.org.uk.

Apparently there used to be ways to get HP-UX media for free from HP, but not
anymore. I had to buy 11.00 media on eBay.