[rescue] Mozilla Firefox

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Sat May 1 15:55:56 CDT 2004

Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:
[...]
> Exactly. It's what C++ should have been. I believe the world would be a
> much better place if:

I believe the world would be a much better place if people would put their
prejudices aside and realise that the requirements of others may differ from
one's own.

> - C++ would completely disappear

Why? It does some things very well that Java can't do.

> - Java would be renamed to C++

A rose by any other name, etc.

> - the "virtual machine" aspect of Java would be completely removed

I find the JVM to be about the only reason I'd consider writing anything in
Java in the first place, to be honest. Take away that, and you've taken away
much of what makes it Java.

> - all Java implementations would compile to native binaries

The GNU compiler already does this, of course.

--
Put it back in the horse!
		- H. Allen Smith, after he drank his first American beer