[rescue] OS for PA-RISC

William Barnett-Lewis wlewis at mailbag.com
Sat May 1 14:18:21 CDT 2004

  From: Joshua Boyd <jdboyd at jdboyd.net>
> On Fri, Apr 30, 2004 at 10:35:32PM -0400, Steve Sandau wrote:
>

>> Yeah, I think that's true, but that's not a free/downloadable OS, right?
>> I was hoping to find something interesting (read 'something I haven't
>> used before') for free, and NextStep fit the bill. It, though, doesn't
>> run on a 715.
>

> It doesn't run on the 715?  A list member just told me he had it on his
> 715.  William Barnett I think it was...

Yes, I have 3.3 running very very very nicely on a HP 715/64. It's very
fast with 256mb of ram I might add. HP and Nextstep are _really_ fussy
about cdrom drives. I finally succeeded with a SS4's 1/3rd height 2x
shoehorned into an external case.

I didn't mention it as it is not a free system as the OP seemed to be
looking for. It can be found often on eBay however.

William
--
Live like you will never die, love like you've never been hurt, dance
like no-one is watching.