[rescue] Did I remember correctly? MSIE and 15 second POST?

caleb at webninja.com caleb at webninja.com
Tue Mar 30 15:34:53 CST 2004

> Was this the list where someone posted a new "feature" in Internet
> Exploder
> after the latest round of patches that limits POST submits to 15 seconds
> after the page loads?  If it is, could you zap me a few details so I can
> pass this on to my network engineering team?  This sounds like something
> that's going to bite us in the 'nads in the near future, if it's true....

Yep, that was me.  The summary would be:

IE6 + SSL + HTTP KeepAlive == empty POSTS

The solutions/workarounds are:

Client side patch:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=254EB128-5053-48A7-8526-BD38215C74B2&displaylang=en

_OR_

Turn off keepalive for IE on server (apache example):
BrowserMatch "MSIE 6\.0; Windows NT 5\." nokeepalive

Cheers,

Caleb