[rescue] FrameMaker FYI

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Sat Mar 27 06:41:22 CST 2004

Bill Bradford  <mrbill at mrbill.net> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 26, 2004 at 09:01:24PM +0000, Lionel Peterson wrote:
>> FX!32 would allow you to emulate an x86 CPU and run standard Win exe
>> files, IIRC...
> It was a *translator*, not an emulator. The first time you ran an app, it
> would translate the x86 instructions into Alpha instructions, and cache
> them.

How is this different to, say, the JIT support of UAE, which lets you run
m68k binaries on x86? UAE stands for the "Unusable Amiga Emulator", although
it's actually usable these days :)

--
I've seen video of some loon hammering a nail into his own testicle. Mind you,
I've had days when that would seem like a reasonable alernative to being a