[rescue] Quantum Atlas 10kII in a SS5?

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Thu Mar 25 17:10:50 CST 2004

"From: Zach Lowry <zach at zachlowry.net>
"
"I have another question. I have been having bizarre SCSI problems for
"some time now with my main Pee Cee system. Long story short, drive made
"funny noises, ordered new drive, new drive made funny noises, tried
[]
"So, I want to test out the drives in another system, and the only other
"system I have with SCA is a SparcStation 5. Would a drive that fast
"even work in a SS5?

yes, drives that fast will work; they'll just throttle back to
fast-scsi.

"Could it supply enough power?

certainly, if it's the only drive in there, and it takes less power
than a brace of 32550s [~9w/ea iirc], it'll do fine.

for shortish periods you could even run one alongside another drive.