[rescue] FrameMaker FYI

Kevin kevin at mpcf.com
Thu Mar 25 14:28:09 CST 2004

A great deal of small companies use the controller for IT
decisions and hiring.  I have never understood that.  To top that
off, i work for a respected accounting firm, and from what i have
seen in the past few years, people and companies come to their
accountants for advice on all sorts of things.  Where da' fuck
this mentality comes from? i'll never understand.  I asked the
partner who hired me about it once and he said something about
companies/people inherently trusting the people who deal with
their money for all other things.  Didn't make much sense to me.
I'm not about to ask my electrician for advise on where to get
my suits cleaned, so why ask an accountant for advise on IT
systems?

And as you stated, i'm pretty sure this type of thing is not
constrained to the world of computing.  It would just appear that
way to us because that is the area we are familiar with.

Bottom line, when you really get down to it, the world sucks in
general :)

/KRM