[rescue] U1 or U2

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Thu Mar 25 09:57:15 CST 2004

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 09:38:47 -0500 (EST)
Kevin wrote:

> Will an Ultra 1 or an Ultra 2 run Solaris 9 "effectively" as a
> workstation or would i need to bump up to a U30 or U60?

My U1E runs Solaris 8 just fine, and is quite snappy.  I don't know
about Solaris9, but I can't imagine any real difference.  A U2 should
provide extremely good performance under Solaris 9, especially if you
populate both CPU slots.

A U30 or U60 is not necessary to run Solaris 9.  Well, FSVO necessary.
*Tim Allen 'more power' grunt*

--
Kurt                 "I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a
kurt at k-huhn.com       somewhat calm and objective judgement in all