Wordstar (was [rescue] FrameMaker_

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Wed Mar 24 14:08:06 CST 2004

On Wed, Mar 24, 2004 at 02:42:15PM -0500, Shannon wrote:

> I type vi commands into other editors all the time.

I do that and I don't even particularly like vi.  While emacs can start
quickly (less than a second on an E3000 and 2 seconds on a U5 270), at
work and at home my .emacs files load a ton of extra packages that
really slow down load time (about 15 seconds on the P4 1.4ghz on my desk
at work), but add some tremendously usefull features, like better object
browsing, prompting me on the arguments of a function when the curser is
on it, etc.

> It drives me nuts when I use another editor and have to move my hands
> all over the place to get work done.

I hate moving my hands all over too, but I have to keep reaching over
and hitting the reset button every few minutes anyway.

> I've even stopped using escape because ^C works in many vi editors as an
> alternate.

Or, you could get a keyboard that places the ESC key correctly.