Wordstar (was [rescue] FrameMaker_

Mike Parson mparson at bl.org
Wed Mar 24 13:23:13 CST 2004

On Wed, Mar 24, 2004 at 01:17:46PM -0600, Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 24, 2004 at 02:14:12PM -0500, Sheldon T. Hall wrote:
>> What, there are vi reference _sheets_ now?   You definitely get the
>> uber-geek points for that.  I only have the reference t-shirt and the mug
>
> No, an *emacs* reference sheet.  I can use vi fine (in fact, I've written
> chapters on how to use it for two Solaris certification books), its *emacs*
> that I have a problem with, from so many years of vi use.

emacs, M$-Word, notepad.  I have issues with all of them, my fingers are
horribly set in the vi way of doing things.

That horring excuse for an editor in Outlook would offer to quit editing
the msg I was working on and discard the changes when I hit ESC.  I
spent a few hours once, trying to figure out how to get Outlook to use
WinVI32 as it's editor instead of the built-in one or Word.  Never did
find a way to do it.

Now I'm Outlook-free, so things are getting better all the time.

--
Michael Parson
mparson at bl.org