Wordstar (was [rescue] FrameMaker_

William Barnett-Lewis wlewis at mailbag.com
Tue Mar 23 18:05:10 CST 2004

> (another example: I still have all the 5.25" floppies from my early
> writing
> career that have Wordstar documents on them--how the heck am I going
> to get them into a modern word processor without a lot of work?  Hell, I
> think I even have CPM Wordstar data disks.  That oughta be
> interesting...)

Ah, Wordstar. I still love that program. After using pirated copies for
way too long, I finally got a decent paying job and bought a copy of
Wordstar 7.0D for Dos. Probably just about the last copy they sold
too... ;'p

I still have it if you ever need to get at those docs - it does a
reasonable rtf export IIRC. I keep it installed somewhere at all
times for nostalgia's sake. Right now I have a dos only SunPCi installation
for Wordstar and Medley Lisp.

William
--
Live like you will never die, love like you've never been hurt, dance
like no-one is watching.