[rescue] FrameMaker

N. Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Tue Mar 23 16:02:01 CST 2004

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 12:12:41 +0000, "Lionel Peterson"
<lionel4287 at verizon.net> said:
> > From: Mike Meredith <mike at blackhairy.demon.co.uk>
> > was 'infected' with Word (mind you not having a Unix version
> > of Word didn't make me happy to use it).

> Second, if they made MS Word for Unix, would you really have been happy
> to use it... ;^)

We weren't allowed to say who told us this, but in our SGML classes, we
always revealed the secret that the M$ folks actually used SGML to
generate
their documentation for all their software.  We never did find out how
they
did the content processing to get end-product, though.  I'd imagine it
was
some type of home-grown tool so they would not have to buy some other
company's software.

M$ was one of the earliest adopters of SGML.

=Nadine=
--
  N. Miller
  vraptor at promessage.com