[rescue] power mac rescue

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Mon Mar 22 13:27:39 CST 2004

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 13:50:33 -0500
Steve Sandau wrote:

> I'm wondering what suggestions there are for free OSes, considering
> that I think I'd like to try some simple video capturing with it. I've
> been waiting for something that'll digitize video to drop into my lap,
> adn this looks like it'll do that. There's video & audio in & out
> jacks.

I hear that Yellowdog Linux runs rather well on 8500s, however, I have
no idea if the A/V option will function at all.  You can run OS 8.x or
OS 9.x (IIRC) on those and it will be very useful.  I have one that is
slated to get a G4 upgrade someday soon.

--
Kurt                 "I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a
kurt at k-huhn.com       somewhat calm and objective judgement in all