[rescue] FrameMaker

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sat Mar 20 23:05:16 CST 2004

On Sat, Mar 20, 2004 at 11:33:40PM -0500, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> For me it was a worthwhile effort... Many large corp. engineering depts.
> use it, as does (did?) O'Reilly & Assoc. for book layout.

I think ORA is all DocBook now, or at least they are for the actual book
*content*.

> Once I learned FrameMaker, it was trivial to learn word processing
> software (MS Word, for example) - FrameMaker is really page layout
> software...

I learned HTML by going "oh!  Its just like reveal-codes mode in WordPerfect
5.1!".  I still wish someone would do an open-source implementation of WP5.1,
or that Corel would release it to the world.  I spent years (literally) using
it in high school and college.

Bill

--
bill bradford