[rescue] Re: rescue Digest, Vol 16, Issue 47

Ross Bernheim rossber at mindspring.com
Sat Mar 20 10:32:14 CST 2004

On Friday, March 19, 2004, at 08:35 AM, rescue-request at sunhelp.org
wrote:

> These days, a computer with one 600 MHz CPU -- especially an Apple
> -- seems to qualify as a rescue.

My main computer is a Mac G3 beige desktop with a 400 MHz G4
processor upgrade, and I would hardly call it a rescue. Runs 10.2.8
quite well. I don't use it for video, that is what I put together the
Linux
boxes for. One of the Linux boxes is an Athelon XP200 and the other
a Celeron 2 GHz. Both are running Knoppix from the hard disk and
Kino is used for DV capture, edit and conversion to MPEG for burning
to DVD.

Rescue is the 7200/90 used to run a flatbed SCSI scanner and a SCSI
film scanner. Rescue is the SGI Indigo R4000 used to run Framemaker
4. Rescue is the Mac 7600/132 I use at work for word processing and
web searching/browsing/research. Rescue is the Apple IIGS system
sitting on a shelf waiting for me to get it up and running. I wonder if
I can get it to read my original Applesoft cassette before I donate the
tape to the Computer Musem?

Ross Bernheim