[rescue] Suggestions for vendor of external 5" FireWire case

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Fri Mar 19 11:12:08 CST 2004

On Mar 19, 2004, at 11:31 AM, Joshua Boyd wrote:

> Others should certainly correct any mistakes I've made, as I haven't
> actually used these tools on Mac OS X.  I just know they are available
> there.

The only thing I can add is that Toast is usually perfectly willing to
do either the encoding, writing, or both of DVDs and VCDs.  Make sure
your DVD burner is compatible with OS X, or that there are hacks to
make it caompatible.  That will make your life *much* easier.

http://www.roxio.com/en/products/toast/index.jhtml

Additionally, from the FAQ
Q: What kind of recorders does Toast 6 support?
A: Toast supports nearly all CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, and DVD-RAM
recorders.

So, it looks like your burner doesn't have to be specifically supported
by OS X in order to use it with Toast.

--
Kurt Huhn
kurt at k-huhn.com