[rescue] IRIX: SpaceMouse, SpaceBall, Tablet & Co.

Kevin kevin at mpcf.com
Thu Mar 18 15:29:04 CST 2004

I don't remember the model number of the top of my head.  I'll
have to look when i get home.  I think it is 3000 something or
other.

I bought in back in'96 from SpaceTec to work with 3DSMAX.  It may
not work with IRIX at all.

/KRM

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 22:22:02 +0100
Jochen Kunz <jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de> wrote:

> On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 14:48:24 -0500 (EST)
> Kevin <kevin at mpcf.com> wrote:
>
> > I would be interested in any info you get, as i've yet to get
> > my SpaceBall working under IRIX.
> What type of SpaceBall do you have?
>
> To get the dialbox working I had to:
> - read input(7)
> - install eoe.sw.optinput (It's a subpackage on the
> Installation Tools
>   or Foundation 1 CD, can't remember.)
> - reboot (possibly, can't remember)
> - install a serial device with SerialDeviceManager(1m).
> (Toolchest,
>   System Manager, Hardware and Devices, Add a Serial Device)
> - reboot (Sure about that this time. ;-) )
> - ensure that the module according to input(7) is loaded
>   (run "ml list")
> - run confidence(1m) test. (/usr/sbin/confidence)
> Should be the same for the SpaceBall.
>
> > Sounds like a cool exhibit.
> Well. There are other nice things like a PDP-8 and the famos
> cary-cyber.org project.
> --
>

> tsch|_,
>        Jochen
>
> Homepage: http://www.unixag-kl.fh-kl.de/~jkunz/

"Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."
keyserver: http://pgp.mit.edu/