[rescue] seaking of SGI's - IP25 woes

Geoff Koehler koehler at shaw.ca
Thu Mar 18 13:54:28 CST 2004

HI All,

Speaking of SGI challenge's, I have a problem with my XL that Im wondering if anyone has seen before.  After about half and hour from being powered on, one of the CPU's dies.  I've taken out the board and looked at it, but it doesnt "look" any different.  The heatsink on the CPU in question does not seem loose or unseated.  It stikes me as a heat-related failure, but Ive moved it to a different slot and it doesnt make any difference.  After a few hours having the thing turned off, it comes back, only to fail again half and hour later.  Any ideas?

Cheers, Geoff

Geoff Koehler
Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Home of the SART Observatory