[rescue] Notify about your e-mail account utilization.

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Wed Mar 17 13:01:19 CST 2004

> From: Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com>
> Date: 2004/03/17 Wed PM 05:33:56 GMT
> To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
> Subject: Re: [rescue] Notify about your e-mail account utilization.

<wedged U30 note removed>

>    Huh?  What's it doing?

Well, originally it powered on, but no front panel light on the case, no
display, no serial output.

Today, in a burst of energy I swapped out every removeable part (HDs,
Framebuffers, SunPCi, RAM and PS) and swapped in like pieces (except the
SunPCi)from a known-good U30, and still no go.

Then I noticed a jumper that was physically munged, so that two of the pins
touched - it is one of th ejumpers next to the RAM slots. Anyway, I un-munge
the pins, so the jumper is open (as it should be, based on my known-good
reference U30), turn on the power, and I get keyboard lights *and* the front
panel power indicator.

But no display, serial or framebuffer.

I tried stop-N, to no avail.

Then I had to leave for the office.

I want to kick the base very hard, but I am certain it can be brought back to
life... If it can't, it will become an organ-donor and bring one of my Tatung
Ultra 60 clone bases to life...

I have to take a deeper look into *all* the jumpers on the MB - I wonder if
the MB is set for, say, a slower CPU than I have installed (I have a 300 MHz
CPU in it now)...

Argh.

Lionel
lionel 4287 at verizon net