[rescue] Notify about your e-mail account utilization.

Mike Meredith mike at blackhairy.demon.co.uk
Wed Mar 17 11:28:07 CST 2004

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 10:49:26 -0500 (EST), Samuel Kopel wrote:
> I am not sure which MTA Mr. Bill uses or how he determines who an
> email is from, but only people on the list can post to the list. Does
> this mean that one of us Microsoft users on the list is  infected?

No. Many viruses forge the sender address when spewing themselves forth,
which means I'm getting plenty of virus notifications to my work address
... despite the fact that I have *never* used that address from a
Windows box. Netsky looks a bit different, but frankly I can't be arsed
to look into why it managed to send a list email with the address of a
non-list member.