[rescue] Notify about your e-mail account utilization.

Dan Duncan dand at pcisys.net
Wed Mar 17 10:53:49 CST 2004

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004, Steve Sandau wrote:
> Hear, hear! As the postmaster of my small office, it is nice to be able
> to look at any suspicious attachments on my SPARC Solaris workstation
> without worries. I do block windoze executables, but I still (for now!)
> let zip files through.

Lots of places let zip files through, which is why you're seeing
more zip attachments.  Some places do a virus scan on zipped
attachments, which is why you're seeing files zipped with a password
included in the text of the message.

Our IT department recently sent out an email that due to virus concerns,
files with certain extensions were being blocked and that if you
needed to email such a file to someone, you should simply change the
extension to .txt.

*SLAPS FOREHEAD*

-DanD

# It is the disease of not listening which troubles me most. -Bill Shakespeare