[rescue] HP 9000 core IO board question

Francois Dion fdion at atriumwindows.com
Tue Mar 16 14:07:35 CST 2004

Bjvrn Ramqvist wrote:

> The K-class have one HSC slot on the Core I/O, and the K4xx and K5xx
> has a HSC Expansion card which adds another four HSC slots.
>
> Some hints maybe found at:
> http://docs.hp.com/hpux/netcom/index.html (under 1000Base-T and
> 1000Base-SX Gigabit Ethernet)
> Especially this document covers a HSC-1000Base-SX interface:
> http://docs.hp.com/hpux/pdf/J1643-90009.pdf
>
> And, while at it, K580 is big bollocks. How's it configured?

I'm almost done with moving, so I'm catching up with everything. Mostly
I dont have high speed internet, so that is still a problem.

Anyway, back to the K580, it has 4 gig of ram, 6 cpus, 8200s @ 240MHz
(the max speed and number of cpus), expansion i/o with dual 100mbit,
scsi (tape) and two fiber channel cards to a 2405, just added gigabit
1000sx on core i/o opt slot, and then scsi diff on each hp-pb to a
storage enclosure (and a scsi SE and MUX filling the last two slots on
the hp-pbs). It was on it's way to being decommisioned (I have space for
it!), but I had to extend it's life by a year, hence the gigabit. The
app that is running on it was to move to a Sun box (4800) but we ran
into many issues, not counting the fact that we still have some DTCs
connected to it.

Francois