[rescue] New subscriber...

Sheldon T. Hall shel at cmhcsys.com
Sat Mar 13 14:54:21 CST 2004

 Dave McGuire said ...
[I said, of my growing collection of, and growing investment in, "free"
computers]

> > Sound familiar so far?
>
>    Well yeah I guess, fifteen years ago.  I know I'm not the only one
> here who has tons of parts around.  Sun bootable CDROM drives?  I have
> eight of them.  10Mbps Ethernet hubs?  I just threw two in the trash
> because they didn't sell on eBay at $1, so now I'm down to four.  DDS
> tape drives?  I gave away three of them two months ago.  I think I have
> three left.  SCSI hard drives?  You don't even want to know.

Heh, the main difference is that your junk is somewhat better than my junk.
You have more of it, too, as well as the ability, inclination, and room to
make more of it more useful.

I aspire to narrow the gap, however.

-Shel