[rescue] New subscriber...

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Sat Mar 13 13:35:52 CST 2004

On Sat, Mar 13, 2004 at 02:39:38PM -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:

> >The only problem with them is that the multitudinous upgrades we want
> >to do to them once they are in our possession tend to cost more in
> >total than bringing a U2 or U1 up to kick ass spec.
>
>   I guess I view that differently because I just get such upgrade
> components out of boxes in the closet. :)

I'm sure we all aspire to that, but many (perhaps most) of us haven't
reached that point yet.  I do have a small stock of RAM for such
machines, and a pair of spare processors, but disks, carriers, and most
SBUS needs would mean a trip to the list followed often by a trip to
ebay.

>   Yes.  Gotta watch your processor/drive combinations in those machines.

Can't one just stick them in a refrigerated room?  I so look forward to
the day I can have a real computer room.