[rescue] suitability for use question

Dan Duncan dand at pcisys.net
Mon Mar 8 13:17:49 CST 2004

On Mon, 8 Mar 2004, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> > From: Dan Duncan <dand at pcisys.net>
> > I currently have a Sony trunk-mount changer that plays 10 MP3 cd's
> > and injects the audio signal onto my antenna input.
[snip]

> Pointers/model #?

Sony CDX565MXRF.  It appears to be available in the $150-$200 range now.
The trunk unit has wires for power, a wired head unit (with IR eye),
and the antenna injector which goes between your antenna lead and
your current radio.  Quick install.  The head unit has very basic
controls, but the display is great.  The IR remote has lots more
controls.

I would definitely buy it again.  They make a unit that wires into
an existing stereo as a changer, but I wanted that stock look so
I have the RF model wired into a factory AM/FM with SATURN on the
front of it.  NO ONE would steal that! (I hope)

> > A slot-loading DVD-ROM in the dash and probably wifi would make
> > it real easy to install new tunes.
>
> I've seen, but lost the link for, an auto MP3 player that includes 802.11b
> link to "sync up" with home media aerver...

Shouldn't be too difficult if I build my own.  I can just wire a
switch to keep it from shutting down when I park the car at home
and then connect from upstairs and push on new tunes.  If I did this
from my existing time-shifting radio grabber, I wouldn't have to
mess with getting an FMradio card to work in the car unit because
the ones I have are ISA.

-DanD

# I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.	-GRAFFITI