[rescue] Re: rescue Digest, Vol 16, Issue 15

Ross Bernheim rossber at mindspring.com
Sun Mar 7 17:07:27 CST 2004

On Sunday, March 7, 2004, at 11:42 AM, rescue-request at sunhelp.org wrote:

> So how do you guys listen to 10GB of MP3's in your car?  I really
> don't want
> to screw with a handheld device fed through a tape adapter.  I want an
> in-dash or trunk-mounted device with a hard drive.

iPod with a Belkin car adaptor. The adaptor plugs into the car lighter
and
provides power for the iPod and an adjustable amplified line out for the
car stereo which I feed into the auxiliary input on the car stereo.
Currently
I have about 14 Gigs of music on the iPod. The iPod will do MP3's or
Apple's AAC (advanced audio codec, an MP4 audio). I rip at 192kb rate
AAC's are all variable rate. Sound is not too bad. Not up to my hi-fi at
home, but very good on the road or for all but the most critical
listening.

Ross Bernheim

Booze and sex killed my cousin. He couldn't get either, so he shot
himself