[rescue] SGI visual workstation question

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Fri Mar 5 09:01:03 CST 2004

On Fri, 5 Mar 2004, Gavin Hubbard wrote:

> FWIW I do know that this is basically a glorified PC at heart, but I
> like to think that it is one of the more interesting/useful ones.

It is an IA32 system.  However, it really isn't a PC.  It has Real
Firmware and a much nicer I/O architecture.  I certainly wouldn't mind
getting my hands on a fully-loaded (or even empty) 540 to replace the
whitebox PC I use for the very limited amount of 'doze stuff I get paid
to do.

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Being on the Internet is not the same as being
Elgin, TX         (   famous.  That's like calling Cheetos 'dinner'."