[rescue] RS/6000 250: LED 513 while booting AIX install CD?

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Tue Mar 2 21:50:47 CST 2004

On Tue, 2 Mar 2004, Carl R. Friend wrote:

>    If I'm not mistaken, the 250 is quite closely related to the 220
> which was "officially" desupported as of AIX 4.x (It'd run it, but
> some bits were wonky).

A 250 will run 4.3.3 very well, and I seem to recall booting mine with
5.1, although it was a bit pokey with 64MB memory.

>    Personally, I'd go for an AIX 4.x install just to see how it
> runs.  But that's me.

Also, check cabling, termination, and SCSI IDs.

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Being on the Internet is not the same as being
Elgin, TX         (   famous.  That's like calling Cheetos 'dinner'."