[rescue] sharing keyboard and mouse

Steve Sandau ssandau at gwi.net
Tue Mar 2 17:21:34 CST 2004

>>>I seem to remember a message on this list, just long enough ago that I
>>>
>>>don't remember more, that mentioned a piece of software that would
>>>install on multiple machines (platforms, too) and allow one mouse and
>>>keyboard to be used on several machines.
>>
>>http://synergy2.sourceforge.net/
>>I used it on Linux and WinXP at work and it worked well.
>

> Dude!  This is *SO* nifty!  Just wish I could get the friggin thing to run
> on my netbsd box!  Something about pthreads...

Yes, as my daughter would say "Way coooool..."

Same problem here with pthreads on NetBSD on my IPX. I installed the
ports collection, found mit-pthreads and tried to 'make' it only to find
that there is some problem with pthreads on SPARC. Bummer.

Ports collection might get pthreads working on a i386 platform though.

Tried to get x2x to compile on SPARC Sol9 only to have imake put in a
flag (like -Xc or something) that made the compile fail... Dunno. Bummer
there, too.

Steve