[rescue] Solaris firewire

Nadine Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Mon Mar 1 14:08:01 CST 2004

Francois Dion wrote:

> There have been a few exchanges on and off solarisx86 list on that
> subject. It looks like there is more interest from the x86 group than
> sparc group. Right now, webcams, video transfer, video conferencing is
> pretty much the extent of the support, but Alan DuBoff and I think
> either Alan Coopersmith or Mike Riley (from Sun in the x86 group) were
> looking into that. Might want to join the x86 list and ask there.

Alan Duboff is local to me in SJ--he goes to BayLISA mtgs.  He was
the one recruiting device driver programmers for Sun that I mentioned
a few months back.

 From what he has said, Sun is very interested in getting x86 up
to speed, so if you have opinions, I'd suggest putting in your
2 cents on the list as well.

(I won't try and guess at what this means for the Sparc hardware
line.)

=Nadine=