[rescue] A Question about Snap Servers

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Fri Jul 30 15:41:09 CDT 2004

On Fri, Jul 30, 2004 at 02:42:59PM -0500, Zach Lowry wrote:
> Well, the big problem is that I don't want another clunky PC sitting
> around, I'd like something with a low power draw and small desk
> footprint. Can you recommend any other kind of "appliance" that can
> support large disks like this?

I've been talking on Geeks about building a tiny noiseless Micro-ATX
system using a Via EPIA 5000 motherboard, CaseTronic 138 case, slimline
CD-ROM, and a normal 3.5" HD.  Total cost of around $250-300 if you've
already got the CD-ROM drive and the HD.

The case:
http://www.cappuccinopc.com/miniitx-case-c138.asp

Motherboard:
http://www.cappuccinopc.com/miniitx-epia-800.asp