[rescue] Anyone in Austin want to meet me for Rudy's?

Ido Dubrawsky idubraws at dubrawsky.org
Fri Jul 30 11:38:25 CDT 2004

On Fri, Jul 30, 2004 at 10:42:14AM -0500, rescue-request at sunhelp.org wrote:
> Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 01:00:15 -0500 (CDT)
> From: "Jonathan C. Patschke" <jp at celestrion.net>
> Subject: Re: [rescue] Anyone in Austin want to meet me for Rudy's?
> To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
>
> On Thu, 29 Jul 2004, Bill Bradford wrote:
>
> >> Also, any suggestions for things to see
> >> and do in Austin while i'm there?
> >
> > STAY INDOORS WHERE THERE'S AIR CONDITIONING. :)
>
> Indeed.  "Hot enough to fry an egg" doesn't even begin to describe it.
> On concrete it gets "barely not hot enough to boil water".

  I was in Las Vegas on Wednesday and Thursday for BlackHat...115 degrees
Farenheit...in the shade!  But it was a dry heat! :-)

  I thought the soles to my sneakers were going to melt...it was that hot in
the sun.

  The worst I ever remember Austin getting to was 112 degree Farenheit back in
September of 2000...but that had humidity added in.  I remember getting out of
the office on North MoPac and walking out the door to the garage and with the
hot wind blowing on me I could have sworn I had just walked into a convection
oven.  That was hot.

Ido
Ido Dubrawsky, CISSP           		E-mail:          ido at dubrawsky.org
Network Security Architect