[rescue] SGI Challenge Resurection (was : More Indigo Problems)

Ethan O'Toole ethan at 757tech.net
Tue Jul 27 11:37:28 CDT 2004

> Fondly known as "Swamp Coolers."

So Swamp Cooler is the proper term for the cooling towers that pour water
and have huge fans? I was always confused if a swamp cooler was that, or
the salad bar... you know, they run cold water thru the salad bar under
the metal pans.

They seem to put a detergent in there to fend off the bacteria. We had one
outside the data center at a previous employer. The water fed thru to the
Liebert units that pushed air under the floor. Neat stuff.

--
: www.757tech.com  757 Technologies  (757)233-9460