[rescue] SGI Challenge Resurection (was : More Indigo Problems)

Sheldon T. Hall shel at cmhcsys.com
Sun Jul 25 13:08:27 CDT 2004

Jonathan C. Patschke says ...
> On Sun, 25 Jul 2004, Ethan O'Toole wrote:
>
> > Anyone wanna buy a 8 R10k Challenge XL?
>
> I love to have a running Challenge, but I'm trying to get rid of the
> pieces of my non-functional Challenge.  Anyone want to buy a couple
> 4xR10k CPU boards, or a 2GB memory board, or an IO4 full of
> differential SCSI?  I've got some 512MB boards, as well, but they're not
> pulling anything on ePay, so I'll probably just keep them around because
> they look neat.

I'd like for all the list's Challenge owners to speak up, and let's see if
we can get a couple of these machines into loving homes or back into
operation or whatever.  There ought to be enough of us, and enough spare
parts, to do it.

The chassis are too big to ship far, but the boards, cables, and other parts
aren't.  We just need to get organized.

How shall we proceed?

-Shel