[rescue] Thinking Machines CM-5?

Ethan O'Toole ethan at 757tech.net
Tue Jul 20 09:11:58 CDT 2004

> Dude.  I don't think I've seen one in real life.

Heh, I saw one once... the thing was, the front was nothing like the ones
you will see in press photos or Jurassic Park, or TLC documentaries about
hackers (they always have someone standing in front of one). You could
sort of see the LEDs inside but not well. It was a single "tower" doing
processing for satellite work. Definitly wasn't a CM-2 either. CM-2 would
suffice. I had a MasPar MP-2 at one point in time... sold her though,
needed the space in the garage.

> You're going to be digging a long time for this one - and certain people
> much better at Big Iron scrounging are way ahead of either of us.
> Mike

I hear ya, but it never hurts to ask!

--
: www.757tech.com  757 Technologies  (757)233-9460