[rescue] w00t!

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Fri Jul 16 13:52:54 CDT 2004

On Fri, Jul 16, 2004 at 02:31:03PM -0400, Ethan O'Toole wrote:
> > Tell me more....?
>
> I've got 3 Digital racks. There are alphaserver 4100 carcass (2), and a
> 2100 or two in them. There are Storageworks boxes w/ 4gb disks, HSZ40B,
> HS50, etc.
>
> Could use a home.
>
> Would be cool if we could get some sorta trade, like a compaq JBOD array
> or two with 18gb disks but just the floor space would be welcome.
>
> They are in Southeastern Virginia (Virginia Beach). I've posted more
> details before.

I think I've missed the details before.

I don't think I have anything useful to trade, but I could really use
one or two for the rack alone, let alone any working contents, and
Virginia Beach is within day-trip driving range for us.

About all I have to offer in trade would be the following:
 - Sun U1/170e (with a regular U1/170 cover)
 - HP Storage System/6 RAID box (4 of 6 disk trays, both power supplies)
 - couple of SS10s, one incomplete
 - couple of incomplete APC SU3000 chassis, not functional but probably
   usable for TradeUPS purposes
 - three or four surplus Sun 20D10 monitors, all functional AFAIK, most
   with minor breakage of the tilt/swivel base, most mossing remotes

I doubt any of these would be much use to you.

(That t/s base problem seems to be a design weak point.  I've actually
got an idea for how to fix them, but I have yet to try it out.)

--
  ========== Fight Back!  It may not be just YOUR life at risk. ==========
  alaric at caerllewys.net : phil-stracchino at earthlink.net : phil at novylen.net