[rescue] w00t!

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Fri Jul 16 09:54:30 CDT 2004

> From: "Ethan O'Toole" <ethan at 757tech.net>
> Date: 2004/07/16 Fri PM 02:44:49 GMT
> To: "The Rescue List" <rescue at sunhelp.org>
> Subject: Re: [rescue] w00t!
>
> > That is because CISCO sends out people to auctions to bid on their shit
> > so the prices on the market will not drop. I was at a auction once that
> > had plenty of cisco hardware and there was one group in particular that
> > bid the prices up like crap. After the auction I asked one of the guys
> > what he is doing with the stuff. His answer was: "I don't even know what
> > the stuff does I bid on, they just told me to".
>
> Shill bidding?

Wouldn't a shill be connected to the seller?

In this case (if true, no reason to doubt it) if $VENDOR sent folks to bid on items to keep them out of the hands of bargain shoppers, that's fine... Assuming they pay the auctioneer for the item.

You should never bid more than you want to spend, and you should never be upset becuase someone is willing to bid more than yourself... (that's how I look at it ;^)