[rescue] [luke at cns.nyu.edu: [NYSA] A few things related to a job change]

Ross Lonstein ross-sunhelp at lonsteins.com
Thu Jul 15 10:51:26 CDT 2004

I have no affiliation, just happen to subscribe to another list
and think there might be interest on this one...
from 9am to 6 or 7pm during the week.  Available till July 23rd, then
"Apache: The Definitive Guide" (O'Reilly)

--- Part 2 ---

Ok, now for the part most of you are probably interested in.  I
recently took on a new project at work that will need some significant
hand-holding after I leave.   It is somewhat distinct from my main job,
so they aren't expecting my replacement to necessarily be appropriate
for this project.  They (being a new cross-disciplinary brain research
center at NYU) basically will need someone on a part-time contract
basis who knows the following:
Red Hat Linux and OS X Server
LDAP, Kerberos, Mailman, MySQL, Postfix
Fibre Channel
IP Network design (e.g. be able to handle atypical subnet masks in your
head)
Router ACLs and basic stateful firewalling
Able to design and maintain high-capacity backup systems
A basic understanding of distributed/grid computing

No rate has been mentioned, but i expect it will be very competitive.
If interested and qualified, please send me your resume and I will pass
it on to the decision makers.

Thanks and take care,

Sincerely,

--