[rescue] A5000 problems (no signal)

James Jacocks jjacocks at mac.com
Sun Jul 11 22:22:58 CDT 2004

Have you crossed the connectors?  I.e. disassemble one end of each
loop, and change the order of the two fibres.  Remember, FC-AL is just
like ethernet.  A straight-through pair connects a device (i.e. E4500,
or A5000) only to a hub.  For a direct-connect like yours, the pairs
must be crossed.

Good luck!

--
The only 2 tools you will ever need are WD-40 and duct tape. If it
moves and it shouldn't, use duct tape. If it doesn't move and it