[rescue] A5000 problems (no signal)

Charles Jones jonescr at cisco.com
Fri Jul 9 20:01:43 CDT 2004

I have an A5000 connected to an E4500, via the I/O board
connections+GBICS.  I have tried 3 different fiber cables, verified they
are the right ones, and 4 different GBICs.  I have tried swapping the
I/O board from another 4500.  No matter what on the GBIC diagnostic
display on the A5000 it says "no signal", although it does detect the
insertion of the GBICS.  Can anyone suggest any other troubleshooting
methods I can try?  I'm thinking that surely both interface boards on
the A5000 are not bad...but I've ruled out almost everything else.