[rescue] OT: Coffee in .uk

Bob Keyes bob at sinister.com
Wed Jan 28 15:35:50 CST 2004

I remember my first visit to London (which is an indepedant piece of the
UK surrounded by England) in 1998 - and the coffee was horrible. Even in a
supposedly Italian place. I have never been so happy to find a starbucks,
and pay their high prices. Things weren't so bad this spring, but then
again maybe CamdenTown is home to better coffee than Earl's Court.

I was also rather disappointed in the Indian food in London. I have been
told it is the best Indian food of anywhere, including most of India. What
I got was only passable. Then again, the restaurant recommendations were
made by people who were not neccessarily in the know about such things.

0xC0FFEE