[rescue] SunPCI II Interface Speed

Dan Williams dan_williams at ntlworld.com
Wed Jan 21 16:35:53 CST 2004

sammy ominsky wrote:

> On ipe 21, 2004, at 22:02, Kevin wrote:
>
>> Hit the "Windows Key" + Break Key, the "System Properties" control
>

> Hmmm, no "windows" key on my PowerBook, thank god.
>

> ---sambo

Never have I, but ctrl+escape is the windows key. But it doesn't work
for this. I don't know for windows 2000, either right click on my
computer and select properties, or control panel and select system is
the same. I haven't used windows under the pci II but I have a 233 mhz
pentium II, running windows XP with 96mb of memory, it is slow. I used
tune up utilities 2003 and it can turn off  a lot of stuff to speed the
system up. The only reason I use it is for updating my phone and as a
print server for a usb only printer which I can print to using samba..
Depending on what you want it for, if it's only for a couple of programs
and not for long periods of time windows 98 is quicker on slower
machines (once it was setup the machine was on for around 6 months
without rebooting), but the mobile driver only runs under 2000/xp. So I
has to up(down)grade. It does run a lot slower now and needs rebooting
more often.

Dan