[rescue] A productive weekend...

Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 patrick at zill.net
Sun Jan 18 18:45:08 CST 2004

On Sun, Jan 18, 2004 at 07:08:22PM -0500, Joshua Boyd wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 18, 2004 at 05:24:15PM -0500, Larry Snyder wrote:
> > Matthew Haas <wedge at lightlink.com> wrote:
> > >  I couldn't resist for $164...

> > I snagged a pair of Relevators a while back.  I haven't found many
> > apps that take advantage of them, but I know Battalion becomes almost
> > surreal when you shift into 3D.  You don't want to forget to take
> > them off when you're done.  You could find yourself walking into things.
>
> Err, why would he walk into things?  I believe the set I used default to
> clear when they weren't in use, so it would be just like wearing
> extremely light (tinting, not weight) sun glasses.

In the Battalion game, you are a monster that shoots buildings or
walks into them to destroy them.  I think this is what he is talking about.

A while ago I worked with a guy who had worked at HP in their high-end
visualization group.  They had a very realistic driving simulator as a
way to demo their 3D cards.  Of course, the engineers modified it to
score points for running over pedestrians, etc.  They had to
consciously de-program themselves when they were about to leave for
the day and drive home.

--Patrick