[rescue] IRIX 6.5.20f disks

Francois Dion fdion at atriumwindows.com
Sat Feb 28 09:12:41 CST 2004

So I guess Irix Photoshop is out. You can run Bochs on irix, with
Windows / photoshop within it, but that is way too slow and unstable.
Maybe wine? Has wine ever been ported to Irix, assuming it doesn't rely
on x86 specific instructions, but then how would you get the x86
binaries to run? So that is ruled out also.

Beside the Gimp and FilmGimp/CinePaint, what other options are there for
image editing? Any other commercial app for Irix that can be picked up
for a not indecent amount of money? Something that is more Photoshop
like in look and feel? This is for my wife, to run on an Octane. She
doesn't like Gimp.

Same thing for Blender. She doesn't like it too much. She likes Martin
Hash but that is not available for Irix, and she likes Maya, but it is
no longer available for Irix and it is too expensive. I was hoping to
find an older sealed box Maya, that is why I was asking about surplus
software store that still carry Irix software.

I wont even go into the Fractal Design, Corel and all that other
software... What are you using on your SGI? Where can I get the software?

She will keep her Windows 2000 workstation, but that is going to be a
challenge to set up a kvm for a Peecee and Octane with an SGI monitor
(not going to put 2 20" monitors on her desk).

Francois