[rescue] SS4 VSIMM?

William Barnett-Lewis wlewis at mailbag.com
Sat Feb 28 08:56:38 CST 2004

> Sheldon T. Hall shel at cmhcsys.com
> William Barnett-Lewis writes ...
>> I had no intention of going to UW surplus today but had
>> a friend who wanted me to check for something for him....
>
> Which "W" is that?  Not Washington, right?  If the University of Washington
> has a surplus outlet, it's operating in stealth mode.  Seemingly they only
> sell large lots by sealed bid auction.  Bastards.  When I lived in Ohio, the
> OSU surplus shop was a goldmine.  How about a SPARC LX for $5.  With a
> keyboard and any cables they had that would fit any connector on it ....

University of Wisconsin in Madison. It's a not always that good because
they have a couple of folks who will crosscheck prices on ebay, but
still they'll dicker and uncommon stuff, like sparcs or the $20 Indy I
got there once, tends to be inexpensive.

William
--
Live like you will never die, love like you've never been hurt, dance
like no-one is watching.