[rescue] Announcement: Motorola 88000 ("m88k") site

Francois Dion fdion at atriumwindows.com
Thu Feb 26 14:54:06 CST 2004

It has a link to a cool piece of DIY:
http://www.eecg.toronto.edu/parallel/hector.html

I believe that Zvonko Vranesic was one of the engineer who designed this
along with Stumm. I still have "Computer Organization" on my bookshelf
(from 1988) by Vranesic and Hamacher.

They were to work on some followup machine named the NUMachine. A little
altavisting found:
http://www.eecg.utoronto.ca/parallel/parallel/numahw/numahw.html

Would be good if there was an open spec to do that kind of thing (cross
threading w/Eric's post on DIY blades).  See picture of the processor
board (it's an R4400 under the heatsink):
http://www.eecg.utoronto.ca/parallel/parallel/numahw/pictures/proc.jpg

Francois